Children and families are warmly greeted by our Early Childhood Educators. A "Learning through Play" program ensures a safe, secure, challenging, trusting and nurturing environment that meets the needs of individual child and the group.
Guidance is provided to help children develop socially, emotionally, cognitively, physically and creatively.
Children are grouped according to age and stage of development. Each room environment is organized with centres: water, sand, housekeeping/dramatic play,
arts and crafts, small manipulative, gross motor, library and quiet. Learning activities are set up in the centres that challenge and enhance children's development. Early Childhood Educator's plan, provide guidance, extend learning and role model appropriate behaviour.
We encourage educator's and families to work together exchanging information as it will benefit everyone in the growth and development of children.
CODE OF ETHICS
Children and families of all ethic origins and faiths are welcomed in our programs. We believe that the dignity and worth of each child and family is important. All children and families will be treated with respect, trust, caring and fairness.
The mission of Blue Bird Child Care Centre is to provide a quality program that collectively meets the needs of the children, families and community. Quality childcare that meets the social, emotional, creative, cognitive and physical needs of children is provided in a safe, secure, welcoming, creative, nurturing,
stimulating and challenging environment.
We believe in the value of human diversity and the fair treatment of all people. It is our goal to provide the kind of environment and influences that encourage children to become independent, caring, responsible, creative full functioning adults that can make decisions for themselves. As adults we must strive to continue learning and growing in our relationships with others so we may nurture a peaceful, safe environment and surround the children with understanding, respect, nurturing, and stimulating, challenging experiences.
Our philosophy-we believe:
- All children have the right to feel good about themselves and it is the responsibility of all child development educators to nurture the child's self esteem
- All children require a safe, secure, welcoming, trusting, stimulating and nurturing environment.
- All our educational guidance decisions for children must be based in the knowledge of Early Childhood Education.
- Each child/adult is a unique individual and has her/his own needs. Each child/adult has the right to meet their needs in their own way and time. However, one of the responsibilities of having rights is recognizing and respecting the rights of others.
- Children/adults are entitled to feelings, as well as the trial and error process that goes along with feelings. It is important for children/adults to recognize and understand rather than deny feelings.
- In appreciating and supporting the close ties between child and family and understand that children are best understood in the context of their family, culture and community.
- Creativity, self-expression and curiosity are expressions of individuality and should be encouraged to develop in all children/adults.
- In helping children/adults achieve their full potential in the contexts of relationships that are based on trust, respect and positive regard.
- Each child and family are due the respect for personal privacy demanded by professional ethics.